Pre-qualify a Nonprofit
Is there a nonprofit special to you?
FIRST... Check the list of pre-qualified nonprofits on this site. If the nonprofit is on the list, wait until our next drawing and cross your fingers that they are one of three to be selected! If they are, you will have an opportunity to vote at the next meeting!
SECOND... If your nonprofit is not already on the approved list, you may submit an pre-qualification application. The application must be received at three (3) weeks prior to the next meeting to be included in this quarter's drawing. Once you fill out the form email it to email@example.com!
REMEMBER... To qualify, organizations must:
Be a nonprofit recognized by the IRS as a 501c 3 organization.
Serve the Anchorage, Alaska area. Local chapters of national nonprofits will be considered if 100% of the contribution stays in our community (Anchorage, Eagle River, Girdwood).
NOT be a religious (churches/houses of worship) or political organization.
The nominator must be a member in good standing (having contributed to the past three events) in order to submit.
Agree not to create, sell, or distribute a list with our members contact information, and agree not to solicit our members directly for future contributions.
Agree to provide tax receipts directly to chapter members for their donation.
Agree to send a representative to our next meeting to give a 5 - 8 minute update on how our money was (or will be) used to help our community.
The list of pre-qualified organizations will be available at the meeting.
If your nonprofit is selected...
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PRESENT WITH YOUR NOMINEE!
TIPS for Presenting Your Nominated Nonprofit to the Chapter
You'll have up to 8 minutes, including questions & answers...
✓A timekeeper will let you know (via cards) when you have 3, 2 and 1 minute left
✓State your name and name of the organization
✓Share the organization’s mission, in 1 minute or less!
✓Describe the program you would like to see funded and how it fits in the organization's overall budget
✓Identify how many people and who the funds will impact
✓Speak from the heart, explain why it is important to you and to our community to fund the program
✓Explain the measurements that will be used to ensure the good use of the donation
✓End with a heartfelt ask and a thank you!
• Ask yourself: What are the key points I want chapter members to know about my nonprofit
• Prepare brief, concise key points and use them as a guide in the course of your talk.
Share Your Nonprofit's Information
• Formal name and location
• Mission of the organization
• Specific use of the monies in the Anchorage-area if the nonprofit is selected
• Annual budget amount
• Number of clients supported
• Explain the measurements that will be used to ensure success of the program and a good use of the
Start Strong and Keep it Simple
• The beginning of your presentation is crucial. Have an engaging opening.
• Give chapter members the information needed to select your nominee.
• Use notes, handwritten or electronic, to help keep you on track.
• Speak from your heart!
Save Time for Questions from Chapter Members
• A timekeeper will let you know how much time you have left.
• Focus on directly answering their questions and need for information. Going off on tangents takes
away powerful persuasion time!
• If you don’t know something, it is okay to say something like “I’m not sure of the full answer; here is
some information that may be helpful to you.”
• Don’t be surprised if other chapter members chime in support and answers of something you may
• Think about why you have nominated the nonprofit, and why it is important